1. This all-white kitchen occupies a small, fairly narrow space in a warehouse-style studio apartment, therefore it was essential to maximize the perception of space and light. Satin and gloss-white finishes were selected and a neutral-toned limestone floor was installed.
“The contemporary styling of Smeg appliances makes them perfect for this kitchen’s modern, clean aesthetics. The oven selected is the brand-new Linear SF-PA 140 featuring a touch display with colored graphics and S-Logic cooking technology. Smeg’s SIHP274S 70cm induction cook-top was chosen for its efficiency and ability to provide extra bench space when not in use. The clean lines of the 90cm SHWL900S range-hood reduce visual clutter while the square sink and Squarclinc ST500SC mixer tap fit perfectly with the apartment’s overall aesthetic”.
2. Eco from Pedini Kitchens is a simple, Eco-friendly kitchen design. Fully customizable and beautifully constructed, the Eco can be adapted to optimize either internal or external storage space. It comes in a variety of options, such as with island base units in matt laminate, a worktop in white laminate with a stainless-steel cook-top and sink, with tall units in textured timber therm laminate with stainless-steel appliances, or with tall units in satin glass with aluminum-framed doors and a stainless-steel extractor hood. With all these options, it’s easy to create a diverse
3. “This converted warehouse was a dark, uninviting place with a basic U-shaped kitchen. It had no drawers and not much storage. It also needed to become lighter and more welcoming, and be a place where the family could gather and entertain guests. Today, with its free-flowing galley-style design, it is the heart and hub of the home. Mirrored kickers give the impression that the base cabinetry is floating, thereby increasing the sense of light and space in the kitchen. The colored-glass splash-back and island back also act as a mirror, amplifying the illusion of space.
“The industrial-style lift-up doors in high-gloss Alaskan timber are in keeping with the property’s warehouse style. The two fridges have been integrated to de-emphasis their impact on the space. The abundance of large drawers and the pantry with its four inner drawers enable the owners to store and organize all of their kitchen goods. The finishing touch is the use of Essa Stone for the kitchen bench-top. Resembling concrete, this bench-top marries the concept of industry and modernity, fully fulfilling the owners’ wishes”.
4. The Artika kitchen range from Pedini Kitchens is built with the family in mind. It’s designed to promote interaction between members of the household and between different living spaces. This kitchen’s soft, curved aesthetic is complemented by its glossy cupboard doors. Almost futuristic, with its handle-less doors and the curved C-shape of its bench-top, this kitchen packs a punch when it comes to beautiful and functional design.
5. “The black kitchen unit is in black lacquered bamboo — I like the contrast of the black and the alabaster chandelier. I designed the dining table so it would be simple yet have a sculptural effect. The glass tabletop is almost invisible. At night the atmosphere is very peaceful and magical” — Stephanie Coutas, designer. Photography by Francis Amiand.