The average appraisement of remodeling a bathroom
Bathroom remodeling is considered to be a vital task among the majority of house owners. This room undergoes remodeling more often than the other ones and the remodel in bathroom brings inconvenience to all the members of the family. So before you proceed to bathroom renovation you must plan all the expenses, learn all the variants of floor plan, shower units or bathes, faucets, fixtures and lighting.
The cost of bathroom repairing depends greatly on the size of this room in the house. Nevertheless the overriding factor is surely the style of your future bathroom and budget. The average cost varies from $3,500 to $20,000 in USA. If you are the owner of a small or medium sized bathroom with less square footage and you don’t plan thorough overhaul the sum from $3,500 up to $7,000 will be enough. Having this budget you will change some fixtures, lighting; serious work like plumbing or radiant flooring involves considerable expenditure.
On the other way around, if you plan major capital works in your bathroom and have some demands to its design, the average cost will vary from $7,000 to $25,000 in USA 2020. Though you may even spend more, especially if you prefer artist built fixtures and elements of décor.
The value of installing bathroom fixtures
While choosing bathroom features you must take into account the key moment, which is the quality of the material. The weak point of any bathroom is the exposing to heat, mildew, steam and some other causes for deterioration. Quality of the materials is not the expenditure which must be saved.
Surely everything depends on the character of renovation; if you want complete overhaul you must count the cost of the following fixtures:
- Bathroom installation – the cost varies from $500 to $6,000.
- Countertop installation – from $1.000 to $5,000.
- Lighting features installation – from $150 to $2,500.
- Sink installation – from $200 to $3,000.
- Cabinets installation – from $1,400 to $7,500.
If you are not planning the complete overhaul there is no need to include all these items to the budget of your bathroom renovation.
How to save money on bathroom renovation in 2020?
Before making bathroom renovation you must determine whether you will do work yourself or ask the help of the contractors. Their work also must be paid and these are also extra expenses. One hour of construction worker’s work costs from $20 and for the bathroom renovation you need at least three ones. So a week of their work costs $2400 in USA.
In order to save money for your bathroom renovation you must keep to some rules:
- Don’t fully trust the contractors and try to draw the conclusions by yourself. For example, if you see that your toilet bowl, bath or some other vanities are in good repair don’t let the constructor to relocate them. In such a way you can save up to $2500.
- You can try to make the breakage of a bathroom yourself. Though it is a nasty business, it will save your budget.
- Don’t permit the constructors to buy fixtures, shower units, faucets. Do it yourself! In such a way you will surely buy what you need and save money.
- If your bathroom design means some painting to be done, you may also do it yourself. It is not such a difficult task and almost every person may do it.
- More expensive is not always more qualitative. There is always an opportunity to look for cheaper alternatives of the same quality.