Bathing and spa treatment have long been attached special importance in Asian countries. This has preconditioned the specific Asian approach to designing the rooms intended for hygienic purposes. The simple procedure of washing the body has transformed into a cleaning ritual, giving rise to a scope of traditions. The national bathroom design peculiarities of the following countries are the backbone and foundation of the modern Asian-style bathrooms created by USA designers:
- Egypt (although it’s only partially within the Asian region in geographical terms).
Basic features of Asian style bathrooms.
Asia-inspired designer solutions create a mysterious and unusual interior with an incredible ability to arrest the beholder’s sight. The beauty of each separate element of such a bathroom appeals the eye, while the minor decorations have an opportunity to become the focal point of the room.
- Proper organization of space is crucial for Asian-style bathrooms.
- To instill the desired exotic vibe, use oriental ornaments that may decorate not only the walls, but also the ceiling, the floor – and even the bathroom fixtures.
- Creating the Asian atmosphere requires just a few style-related elements.
- The Asian style implies warm colors, with natural shades preferable.
- Several bright spots will fresh up the room, introducing a certain vigor. Juicy tones of red and green are recommendable.
Chinese bathroom design ideas.
Minimalist design solutions are the prominent feature of China-inspired bathroom interiors. The simplest way to show off the stylistic affiliation of such a room is to adorn it with items depicting the famous Chinese dragons. Expert designers take on board the rules and principles of Feng shui.
- The color palette favors red, which is able to form a laconic and chaste interior. Combinations of red with golden, blue, yellow and green are preferable. The classic black-and-white color solution appears appropriate in a Chinese-style bathroom, too.
- Large windows would be advantageous in a bathroom of this style. If there’s nothing you can do, see about arranging a sufficient quantity of sources of artificial lighting.
- The most suitable materials for a Chinese bathroom are all sorts of ceramics, glass and wood.
- The bathroom fixtures are distinguished by simple shapes and large size. If your bathroom is spacious enough, the best way to position the bathtub is in the center. Decorative and functional elements – such as folding screens, storage units, laundry baskets, etc. – go to the corners.
Egyptian bathroom designs ideas.
Luxury and kingliness (or rather “pharaoh lines”) are characteristic of the modern interpretations of the Egyptian style. An Egypt-inspired bathroom is destinies to radiate an unusual, exotic ambiance.
Color solutions employed by designers demonstrate a strong resemblance to the sand-dominated, desert palette. In a bathroom designed in accordance with this Asian style, the following shades will prevail in the color scheme:
The decorative layer of the bathroom interior often involves images or silhouettes of cats adorning the plumbing fixtures, furniture and other surfaces. For a full immersion into the Egyptian style, pick up a bathtub with legs resembling cat’s or lion’s paws and employ figurines of mythological characters as decorations. A relevant solution is a lamp crafted on the basis of cane stalks.
Japanese bathroom design ideas.
Minimalist solutions, clear lines, and functional elements are what characterizes the Japanese design style. Furniture pieces and plumbing fixtures boast of simple geometry, creating an elegant interior.
- Having a spacious bathroom at his disposal, the homeowner may want to install the traditional Japanese bathtub – ofuro. Made of hinoki wood, this fixture will become the focal point of the room – and possibly the main attraction of your US home.
- Japanese-style bathrooms are usually divided into functional zones, such as:
- the shower area;
- the bathing area;
- the dressing area.
- For design projects that comply with the style meticulously, traditional Japanese sliding partitions (shoji) are a must.
- The door leading to the bathroom may also be designed in the form of a shoji.
- The Japanese-style bathroom requires soft and scattered illumination. The lighting fixtures should have lampshades of uncomplicated shapes (cubes, orbs, etc.) made of wood, preferably bamboo.
Indian bathroom design ideas.
Harmonious color combinations, abundance of ornaments and splashy textiles are some of the characteristic features of Indian interiors. If the bathroom is small, employ beige, sand-yellow and white as the background, complementing them with shiny gold or amber accents.
Decorating the walls, consider a mosaic panel picture of an elephant or the sacred cow, which will symbolize the wealth and happiness of your home. Another option is adorning the walls with wooden pictures of Hindi writing.
The perfect Indian-style bathtub is a round one; however, ordinary tubs of the elongate shape are also appropriate. The bathtub skirt and the cabinet under the sink should be wooden, preferably latticed. For storing your bathroom supplies, use a wicker basket.
A couple words in fine.
The distinctive character of the Asian style is able to impart your bathroom with new, unexplored vibes, with functionality and ergonomics of the space remaining intact.